lunes, 22 de agosto de 2011

Cycling Spanish History

In the October book club meeting the Sociedad Hispana book club will read La Voz Dormida, a story of imprisoned women during the Guerra Civil -written by Dulce Chacón.

Wouldn't it be great to take a 2-3 week bicycle trip, through Spain, visiting the many places associated with the Guerra Civil,  while reading some of the great novels about this conflict?  George Orwell, Hemingway, Javier Cercas, etc.

If I were going I would want to include the basque area-the subject of a book I am currently reading called the Basque History of the World.  I confess however,  the subject is somewhat difficult to understand, and I need to read a few more books on the subject!

One self directed bike tour that looks interesting is linked below:

http://www.biketoursdirect.com//?location=tourdetail&tid=625&cid=17

The above referenced books:


1 comentario:

  1. http://www.viasverdes.com/ViasVerdes/Itinerarios

    Skype amiga Laura me mandó ese enlace que trata con las vías verdes en España donde se puede montar bicicleta sin mucho problema de tráfico.
    Exactemente como el estado de Wisconsin.

    ResponderBorrar