domingo, 25 de agosto de 2013

PARA QUIENES SIRVE EL VUELO PRIVADO...? AVIACION

In less time than it takes to undergo a body scan, I breezed through the terminal and onto the tarmac.

No one at Teterboro Airport, in low-slung industrial New Jersey, asked for my driver’s license. No one rifled through my bag. There were no screaming children or grown-ups in pajama bottoms wheeling luggage the size of fat steamer trunks. It was strangely serene: only the sound of the wind and the tap of my heels on the runway as I walked toward two pilots at the foot of a Challenger 300, a gleaming private jet with seating for nine. I stepped onto a swatch of blue carpet beneath the air stair and, steadied by a pilot’s hand, at long last boarded a plane like a human being, not a pack mule.
Inside, the pilot in command, Rob Martin of XOJet, a private jet company based in San Francisco, went over the essentials: the iPod dock; the touch screen to control the lights and movies; the leather swivel seats that I was told (while treating mine like a Tilt-a-Whirl) cost $30,000 to replace; the satellite phone; the Nespresso machine; the cabinet with the Oreo cookies and Kistler chardonnay.
“One thing I forgot to mention,” Mr. Martin said before we took off, “the couch will fold out into a bed.”

cortesia nyt.com

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario